333 Clay Street
Houston, Texas 77002-4173
Toll Free: 800-303-6545
The Company is seeking an Analyst within the financial planning and analysis group who will support key financial processes including financial forecasting, budgeting and planning. Reporting to the Director, Financial Planning & Analysis, and the successful candidate must have excellent communication skills and proven capability of working within a team environment to accomplish multiple deadlines.
While this position is primarily located in the downtown Houston Headquarters office, some travel to the regas facility in Quintana, Texas, and to the Project Management Team (PMT) office located in the Westchase area in West Houston may be periodically required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in preparation of the annual budget and monthly forecast process for a multi-billion dollar construction project and operations within a complex capital structure. Including consolidating data from various departments to prepare a cohesive annual budget.
• Perform variance analysis against budgets for construction project and operations.
• Assist in preparation of written reports containing various analyses to meet contractual deadlines for management and business partners.
• Prepare monthly reports to departmental and project budget owners to keep them aware of financial performance.
• Assist in preparation of presentations for Board of Directors and Senior Management Team as required.
• Prepare ad hoc analysis to support decision making
• Participate and play a key role in the implementation of a cash reporting enhancement to existing SAP system to improve reporting capability.
Qualifications and Experience
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor Degree in Finance or Accounting
Minimum Experience Required: 2-5 years of experience in Budgeting, FP&A, Accounting or similar financial or accounting roles
Preferred: CPA, CPA Candidate, MBA or Master’s degree in accounting or finance
• Organized and detail oriented
• Working knowledge of GAAP and financial principles
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
• Ability to gather, manipulate and analyze large sets of data
• Strong Excel skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• SAP and BPC experience a plus
• Proficiency in Word and Powerpoint
HSSE Roles and Responsibilities
Support the policies, efforts, and programs of Freeport LNG Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Management System. Actively participate in the HSE Management System Policies. Ensure that HSE concerns are given priority in all activities completed within their area of responsibility. Implement routine inspections to ensure safe operating conditions.
Working Conditions & Physical Expectations
• Primarily a typical office environment
• Ability to move throughout all areas of the facilities
• Ability to drive to other office locations
• Stand and/or sit continuously and perform job functions for a full shift.