- Content Server Technical Analyst
- Houston, TX, US
- Posted On: 09/25/2017
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Job Class: Information & Tech
Supports, maintains and monitors the operation of Content Server and Engineering Document Management (EDM) suite, with a secondary focus on Archive Server, Brava, Database, Open Text Directory Services (OTDS), SAP integration with Content Server and in house developed applications that integrate with Content Server. Follows best practices, change management processes and all other Freeport LNG IT policies. Work with third party contractors to accomplish tasks and implement projects either in a support or active role. All purchasing decisions are approved by the VP, Information Technology with input from other members of the IT team.
Essential Functions & Duties/Responsibilities
- Primary focus – End users day to day support , Application Monitoring
- Work with power users & document control leads to provide business support for Content Server, Engineering Document Management System and other applications within, and integrated with, Content Server
- Under the guidance of Systems Architect and Director, IT:
- Gather requirements from business users for new solutions.
- Design and implement solutions while working closely with business owners to ensure that the solution meets their needs as well as is practical for them to use.
- Ensure that solutions are integrated with existing Freeport LNG IT solutions where possible to minimize the company’s application blueprint. Provide support for any developed solutions as well as updates whenever they are required.
- Manage timelines and deliverables to ensure that projects are completed to the expectations of the business owners.
- Provide on-call support for Content Server.
- Perform administrative duties on the following systems as directed by Systems Architect:
- Primary: Open Text Content Server
- Secondary: Archive Center, Brava, Windows Servers, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, in house developed applications.
- Work with vendors and 3rd party contractors when required to accomplish tasks.
Minimum Qualifications/Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2-3 yrs. of experience in Content Server Administration, Customization, Support, Enhancements
- 2-3 yrs. of experience in Supporting IT- Applications
- Open Text Content Server Administration\Support experience
- Open Text Engineering Document Management Administration\Support experience
- SQL Database Support and reporting
- Open Text Archive Server, Brava, SAP Integration, OTDS Administration\Support experience preferred
- Strong troubleshooting, technical writing and communication skills
- Keenness and ability to learn new skills and abilities outside the existing job description
- Application development experience a plus: requirements gathering, implementation, testing, business acceptance
- .net programming, SQL Reporting, HTML, Java-Script skills a plus
Key Relationships within and outside the Company
- VP, Information Technology
- IT- Directors
- VP, Risk and Information Management
- Document Control team
- All FLNG Personnel
- Open Text, Microsoft
HSE Roles and Responsibilities
Support the policies, efforts and programs of the Freeport LNG Health, Safety and Environmental Management System. Actively participate in the HSE Management System Policies. Ensure that HSE concerns are given priority in all activities completed within their area of responsibility.
Working Conditions & Physical Expectations
- Primarily a typical office environment.
- Stand and/or sit continuously and perform job functions for a full shift.
- Ability to move throughout all areas of the facility.
- Able to wear all necessary PPE equipment to perform job functions.
- Physically able to walk, stand, bend, stoop, kneel, reach, twist, lift, push, pull, climb, balance, crouch, handle and move items weighing up to 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Visual acuity corrected to perform job functions.
- Ability to distinguish color to perform job functions.
- Exposure to indoor and outdoor weather conditions.
- Possible exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid or windy weather conditions.
- Exposure to constant or intermittent sounds of a pitch level sufficient to cause marked distraction.
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts and electrical circuits.