333 Clay Street
Houston, Texas 77002-4173
Toll Free: 800-303-6545
FULL TIME, NON-EXEMPT -- TWO (2) POSITIONS
Assist the Control Systems Specialist to provide hardware and software troubleshooting and technical support for the DCS, FSC and other automation systems at the Freeport LNG Facilities. Ensure facility controls automation and machinery function safely, efficiently, reliably and within budgetary limits, utilizing allocated resources, with the objective of meeting business goals for production while minimizing unscheduled equipment down time. Provide assistance to the FLNG Control System Specialist for day-to-day maintenance activities. Establish minimum and maximum spare parts for the facility automation systems and develop routine maintenance, backup and upgrade schedules and procedures.
Essential Functions & Duties/Responsibilities
• To plan, coordinate, and provide configuration and maintenance services for all process control systems and Security Systems at the Freeport LNG Facilities. Manage administrative and documentation requirements for tasks such as configuration backups, software revisions, downloading configuration changes, graphics development and modification, and implementing software changes of design.
• Troubleshoot problems with input/output errors, controllers, consoles, networks, analyzing equipment failure logs, etc. and managing spare parts inventory. Diagnose and correct control system malfunctions. Daily walk thru check on control systems. Lead or assist troubleshooting efforts associated with the DCS to avoid or minimize production upsets and/or downtime. Work with Operations in completing interlock test procedures and provide assistance in updating those procedures when necessary. Interface directly with vendor representatives for firmware/hardware upgrades and other DCS vendor/customer communications.
• Participate as needed in functional check-outs of new equipment. Communicate with others to ensure successful checkout, start-up, and commissioning of projects involving DCS, Safety Manager, and PLCs. Read and interpret drawings (P&ID, Logic, etc.) sketches, graphs, charts, vendor specifications, and instructional materials to make DCS, Safety Manager, PLC equipment work properly. Manage the PHD data historian by verifying or updating tags as needed, completing backups and providing initial troubleshooting of the PHD system. Ensure facility controls automation and machinery function safely, efficiently, reliably and within budgetary limits, utilizing allocated resources, with the objective of meeting business goals for production while minimizing unscheduled equipment down time.
• Provide assistance to the FLNG Maintenance I, E & C Supervisor for day-to-day maintenance activities.
• Monitor and maintain instrumentation and automation systems.
• Monitor the distributed control systems inventory, access controls, and network protection methods to prevent Cybersecurity threats from affecting the entire LNG liquefaction process and safety systems.
• The employee must have the ability to drive a motor vehicle in order to perform the duties required at all FLNG locations.
Minimum Qualifications/Work Experience
• High School Graduate or GED equivalent
• 3-5 years of experience as a DCS or similar controls system specialist
• 3-5 years of industrial automation experience in the petrochemical or similar business, utilizing Honeywell, Yokogawa or similar DCS systems
• Associates/Tech. Degree in Electrical, Instrumentation or Automation Technology