- Document Control Specialist II - Quintana, Texas
- Quintana, TX, US
- Posted On: 02/19/2019
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Job Class: Business
At Freeport LNG Development, L.P., we value the strengths of our employees who each bring their unique skills and experience to our team. As part of the Freeport LNG team, you will be working side by side with top performers in the LNG industry. We believe that when employees are fairly compensated, work in a safe environment and their families are provided with excellent benefits, they have peace of mind.
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Location: Quintana, Texas
Four (4) years of experience with EDMS with creation, maintenance, storage/preservation, protecting, inventorying, scheduling, indexing and dispositioning active and inactive records. Experience developing and applying retention schedules and developing records management procedures. Demonstrated experience using and developing files in MS Excel. Knowledge of Open Text records management preferred.
- Become a subject matter expert on the electronic document management system and provide support for EDMS improvements.
- Scan documentation and upload into Content Server.
- Provide electronic system administrative support to company personnel.
- Provide guidance and training to users on writing and revisions of controlled documents.
- Develop and enhance procedures and supporting documents to strengthen Document Control processes in accordance with corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Conduct quarterly audits of documentation.
- Retrieve records from on- and off-site storage facilities.
- Maintain and oversee Quality controlled records storage.
- Develop and maintain a full inventory of archived records.
- Develop indexing schemes based upon document and record types.
- Support retrieval of records for all site audits, inspections and as required.
- Enhance internal procedures to ensure continued compliance.
- Support implementation of corporate Records Schedule and Retention Program.
- Serve as primary contact for all archiving issues.
- Support quarterly audits of internal processes.
- Lead process improvement activities with minimal supervision.
- Other duties as assigned by the Document Control Manager
- Responsible for creation, maintenance, storage/preservation, protecting, inventorying, scheduling, indexing and dispositioning active and inactive records.
- Communication with vendors regarding documents for compliance requirements and records disposition
- Periodic housekeeping duties within the work area and Library as required
Minimum Qualification/Work Experience
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum of six years of Document Control and Records and Information Management Systems experience in a corporate setting
- Should be self-motivated, with the ability to initiate and follow through on assignments
- Strong computer skills.
- Experience and/or education using database, spreadsheet, word-processing and email programs
- Experience with a Windows interface and Microsoft Windows, Access, Word, Excel and Outlook is required.
- Associates Degree in Business or related discipline
- Minimum of four years’ experience in the area of document control or quality assurance in a regulated industry
- Practical knowledge of electronic documentation and/or data management systems, their implementation, validation and maintenance
- Proficient skills in data entry with accuracy and efficiency
- Proficient skills in MS Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective interaction with peers and leadership across departments utilizing tact and professionalism
- Ability to maintain complete and accurate records with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage time and workflow efficiently; including the ability to plan, organize and follow-through
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills/knowledge quickly
HSE Roles and Responsibilities
Support the policies, efforts, and programs of Freeport LNG Health, Safety and Environmental Management System. Actively participate in the HSE Management System Policies. Ensure that HSE concerns are given priority in all activities completed within their area of responsibility. Implement routine inspections to ensure safe operating conditions.
Working Conditions and Physical Expectations
- Primarily a typical office environment
- Ability to move throughout all areas of the facility
- Able to wear all necessary PPE equipment to perform job functions.
- Stand and/or sit continuously and perform job functions for a full shift.
- Physically able to walk, stand, bend, stoop, kneel, reach, twist, lift, push, pull, climb, balance, crouch, handle and move items weighing up to 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Visual acuity corrected to perform job functions. Ability to distinguish color to perform job functions
Freeport LNG does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, national origin, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), age, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), gender identity/transgender status, sexual orientation, HIV/AIDS status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.