- Electrical Technician A
- Quintana, TX, US
- Posted On: 03/08/2019
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Job Class: Maintenance
To plan, coordinate the installation and repair of electrical equipment within the Freeport LNG facilities. Use knowledge of the principles and techniques commonly used in the electrical field. Use knowledge of programming and troubleshooting of all electrical equipment including, but not limited to, inverters, and single loop controllers throughout the Freeport LNG facilities. Ensure that all electrical equipment function safely, efficiently, reliably and within budgetary limits, utilizing allocated resources, with the objectives of meeting business goals for production while minimizing unscheduled down time. Provide assistance to the FLNG Maintenance I & E Supervisor for day to day maintenance activities and provide mentoring/coaching to the “B” Electrical Technicians. Establish minimum and maximum spare parts for the facilities and help in the development and validation of all electrical procedures.
- Ensure facility controls, machinery, etc., function safely, efficiently, reliably and within budgetary limits utilizing allocated resources, with the objective of meeting business goals for production while minimizing unscheduled equipment down time.
- Provide assistance to the Maintenance I &E Supervisor for day-to-day maintenance activities and provide mentoring/coaching to the Electrical “B” Technician team employees.
- Assist in the development of the Management Information System with regards to Electrical systems.
- Responsible for setting up the min/max. Electrical spares for the facility.
- Provide assistance to the Maintenance Superintendent in development of budgets where requested.
- Accountable for the day-to-day Electrical Maintenance functions associated with the Safe, Reliable and Efficient, operation of the Freeport LNG Plant.
- Accountable for monitoring and maintaining costs associated with the Electrical Team’s part of the Maintenance budget.
- Provide assistance and participate in the development of annual Maintenance budgets, both CAPEX and OPEX, along with projects.
- Assist in evaluating bids and provide advice to line organizations of the best value regarding on-site and off-site repairs, including materials procurement.
- Provide technical advice/support to Maintenance, Operations and Engineering Support TEAMS as requested.
- Supervise and Cross Train new or less experienced employees, including contractors.
- Other duties as assigned and deemed necessary by the Maintenance I & E Supervisor.
- The employee must have the ability to drive a motor vehicle in order to perform the duties required at all FLNG locations.
- Must participate in the “on call” rotation for holidays and weekends.
Minimum Qualification/Work Experience
- High School Graduate or Equivalent.
- 7+ years industrial electrical experience in the petrochemical or similar business.
- 7+ years comprehensive experience in the operation and maintenance of electrical systems, including generation, primary & secondary substations, AC/DC voltage, and switchgear up to 15kv.
- Experience in developing and maintaining a spare parts inventory.
- Associates/Tech. Degree in Electrical Technology
- Must have a good understanding and be familiar with ESD systems, substation equipment, battery charging systems and UPS systems. Good working knowledge of electrical equipment including, but not limited to, transformers, rectifiers, VFD’s, soft start motor controllers, protective relays, and ground systems.
- Experience with Plant shutdown/turnaround activities.
- Must possess PC skills to perform calibration and testing on various types of equipment, should be familiar and able to use and be competent in using MS Word, Excel and Project. Experience with SAP, Ross or Maximo is desired.
- Must be familiar with the NEC standards.
- Able to read and understand plant electrical Hazardous area, P&ID drawings.
- Able to develop appropriate maintenance procedures using vendor O&M manuals or BIC practices.
- Must be able to read, understand and adhere to HSE policies, including SDS systems.
- Ability to develop electrical equipment index.
- Ability to understand and participate in the maintenance budget process.
- Ability to supervise multiple projects (planning, organizing, oversight). Good written/verbal technical communication skill. Good analytical problem solving skills, including root cause failure.
- Active learner.
- Electrical Lockout, HV Isolation and Switching, LV Isolation and Switching, SDS.
- Industrial Electrician, Experience in reading and understanding MF drawings, Understanding of Vendor/Equipment supplied data sheets, Understand Instrument & Electrical drawings.
- Task management/follow-up, Effective communications.
HSE Roles and Responsibilities
Support the policies, efforts, and programs of Freeport LNG Health, Safety and Environmental Management System. Actively participate in the HSE Management System Policies. Ensure that HSE concerns are given priority in all activities completed within their area of responsibility. Implement routine inspections to ensure safe operating conditions.
Working Conditions and Physical Expectations
- Ability to move throughout all areas of the facility
- Able to wear all necessary PPE equipment to perform job functions.
- Stand and/or sit continuously and perform job functions for a full shift.
- Physically able to walk, stand, bend, stoop, kneel, reach, twist, lift, push, pull, climb, balance, crouch, handle and move items weighing up to 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Visual acuity corrected to perform job functions. Ability to distinguish color to perform job functions.
- Exposure to indoor and outdoor weather conditions.
- Not necessarily protected from weather and temperature changes. Possible exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid or windy weather conditions.
- Exposure to constant, or intermittent sounds of a pitch level sufficient to cause marked distraction.
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts and electrical circuits.
- May be required to enter confined spaces.
- May be required to work at elevated heights.