333 Clay Street
Houston, Texas 77002-4173
Toll Free: 800-303-6545
Obtain frequent samples and analyze all incoming and outgoing LNG/Natural Gas in the terminal, Stratton Ridge, and Underground Storage. Report the results to the Process Engineer/Gas Controller. In addition to natural gas analysis, the lab technician will also sample and analyze rain water and process water contained in the process area and will report these results to the Environmental Coordinator. Operate and maintain all instruments required to run these analyses. In addition to routine analysis, this position will coordinate with Operations and Maintenance, for non-routine analysis for trouble shooting and/or safety purposes. THIS IS AN ON-SHIFT POSITION.
Essential Functions & Duties/Responsibilities
• Responsible for all laboratory analyses, sampling, record keeping and reporting.
• Operate and maintain plant chromatographs
• Analyze LNG received for inventory management and compliance with specifications
• Analyze send out gas for inventory management and compliance with specifications
• Obtain hydrocarbon and/or water samples
• Maintain product samples as required by customer agreements
• Analyze and treat (if necessary) VE tower effluent
• Coordinate any required third party laboratory services
• Monitor and analyze facility air emissions
• Maintain detailed laboratory records
• Monitor and maintain facility chemical inventories
• Comply with all facility safety, environmental, and health requirements
• Maintain and provide accurate analyses required by facility TUAs and governmental regulations
• Other duties as assigned and deemed necessary by facility supervision.
• Coordinate Terminal waste pick up
• Calibrate, Bump Check and Maintain portable LEL meters.
• Analyze Dew Point Readings for Fuel Gas, Plant Air, and Plant Nitrogen for trouble shooting purposes.
• The employee must have the ability to drive a motor vehicle in order to perform the duties required at all FLNG locations.
Minimum Qualifications/Work Experience
• Associates/Tech. Degree in Chemistry, Biology, or other related field required
• 3 - 5 years' experience in an industrial laboratory
• 2 years' experience with Gas Chromatographs for hydrocarbon sampling and analyses
• 2 years' experience with cooling tower/water treatment
• Trained in emergency response
• Must be experienced in the use of PC equipment and software including Windows and MS Office products
• Must be able to read, understand and adhere to HSE policies, including SDS systems
• Effective written/verbal technical communication skills; Organized at keeping detailed records
• Good analytical problem solving skills; Active learner; Self-starter/motivated
• Ability to receive and follow work instruction from supervisors
• Trouble shooting/analytical skills with the ability to logically work through process problems and upsets
• Ability to work under pressure in a rapidly changing environment
• Strong commitment to HSE with the ability to inspire and lead others
• Basic First Aid, Incident reporting, Confined Space Entry, Breathing Apparatus, Emergency Response Plan, SDS