- Principal LNG Market Analyst
- Houston, TX, US
- Posted On: 02/15/2018
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Job Class: Business
The Principal LNG Market Analyst is primarily responsible for analyzing market supply and demand trends, developing forecasts, and effectively provide insight to inform and support activities and commercial decisions. This includes conducting research, collecting data, monitoring media sources, synthesizing and disseminating information, as well as maintaining databases. This position will also assist with business development activities, strategic planning, and corporate networking. This position will be expected to present at industry conferences, develop & present marketing, strategy and other corporate materials to external partners including presenting at industry conferences and internally.
Essential Functions & Duties/Responsibilities
- Primarily responsible for evaluating global market entry opportunities, identifying commercial risks related to LNG, and supporting development team with analysis of potential buyers & emerging competitors.
- Manage 3rd party information services; liaison with consultants to initiate workshops, case studies and retainer services. Negotiate and execute contracts for services. Review consultants’ research and maintain relationships for future business.
- Apply qualitative and quantitative techniques to interpret data and extract useful information that help in understanding supply and demand, market issues and assessing upcoming trends
- Gather and analyze complex datasets and markets, specific to all elements of the gas and LNG markets and its participants, drawing out key trends and insights, as well as economic and business rationales for decisions based on fundamental analysis.
- Regularly compose presentations, reports, databases and memos for delivery to senior management, institutional investors & investment bank analysts, and regulatory agencies.
- Compose company & country profiles detailing potential LNG demand, corporate or macroeconomic indicators, regulatory framework, personnel, asset portfolio map, gas portfolio, and business opportunities and effectively review and present results to commercial development team and senior management.
- Maintain & disseminate databases related to global liquefaction project landscape, commercial deals, and commodity prices.
- Lead & coordinate distribution of monthly memo detailing commercial events and other LNG market indicators relevant to company’s businesses and support Director, Events in organizing conferences and events.
- Develop models for global LNG retainer service
- Ability to develop and maintain forward looking global LNG supply-demand balance.
- Analyze competitor strategies of key LNG players globally.
- Create reports on global LNG themes, including liquefaction capacity utilization, prospects for an Asia LNG hub, commercial strategies of pre-FID U.S. projects amid global competition, and a biannual global liquefaction outlook.
Minimum Qualifications/Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Engineering or related field
- Preferred Level: MBA or graduate degree
- Minimum Required: 4-8 years of experience in the gas industry, specifically related to global LNG markets.
- Preferred Level: 10+ years of experience, specifically related to global LNG markets.
- The candidate must have a broad understanding of the global LNG, natural gas, power, and LNG Shipping markets, trade flows, value drivers and commercial structures.
- Ability to develop supply-demand gap forecasts for existing and potential LNG markets
- Knowledge of key drivers that impact global and regional LNG and gas market balances, including pricing dynamics, shipping upstream and/or downstream constraints in LNG
- Knowledge of the industry’s competitive landscape, major players and their portfolios
- Knowledge of business and economic principles
- Strong spreadsheet modeling skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to build complex financial models
- Ability to quickly build and evaluate proposals on business opportunities.
- Global perspective with regional expertise
- Must be resourceful, focused, determined, and a self-starter with a proven ability to gather, synthesize, analyze and disseminate information
- Must be comfortable with both qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Possess the ability to conduct timely ad hoc research to support commercial decision-making as well as progress long-term research, develop models, and/or generate reports essential
- The ability to multi-task and function in a highly dynamic atmosphere
- Must have strong and effective organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and function in a highly-dynamic atmosphere; must exercise discretion independently
- Must have advanced computer knowledge in MS Office or Windows Highly proficient in Excel, MS Word and Power Point