- Sr. Analyst, Internal Audit
- Houston, TX, US
- Posted On: 08/16/2017
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Job Class:
The Analyst, Internal Audit role is an experienced position intended to utilize basic audit principles, skills, and techniques to evaluate the adequacy of internal controls in both design and application in accordance with professional and departmental standards. This position is expected to perform reviews and internal audits across a variety of process areas, systems and locations, as well as perform other compliance activities and ad hoc special projects.
The position requires ability to assess and identify ways to mitigate risk and to validate compliance with policies and procedures, as well as the ability to assess operational readiness for a rapidly growing company. The position will assist the Director, Internal Audit in establishing the Company’s internal audit methodology and quality standards and advise on financial, operational, compliance and IT security matters. This position reports to the Director, Internal Audit.
Primary Duties, Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Assist or lead comprehensive process, financial, system and operational reviews and internal audits for a wide variety of areas. Identify gaps and work with stakeholders to develop appropriate remediation plans.
- Participate in various initiatives for continuous improvement for processes within and outside of internal audit.
- Develop comprehensive audit programs and control guidance.
- Support and maintain the implementation effort for Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 including documenting existing process, if applicable.
- Ensure that audit fieldwork and administrative practices are consistent with established professional standards, company policies and procedures and objectives.
- Supervise junior auditors and contract auditors, if applicable.
- Deliver cost effective, timely and high quality reviews, internal audit reports and other deliverables.
- Keep the Director of Internal Audit informed of audit results and findings in a timely and effective manner to help improve corporate governance.
- Draft audit findings for assigned audit areas and prepare audit work papers that support audit objectives and findings.
- Demonstrate an understanding of interdependencies among processes and an understanding of problem significance and relevance.
- Analyze and solve problems utilizing a risk based approach.
- Continually demonstrate poise, self-confidence, tact, and maturity in contact with other personnel in the corporation.
- Develop an understanding of relevant SAP modules and be able to extract data for analysis.
- Participate on ad hoc projects as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
Certified Public Accountant and/or Certified Internal Auditor
3+ years of experience in public accounting or equivalent industry experience, with emphasis in financial/operational auditing
Experience with complex ERP system (SAP is highly preferred)
- Experience with Master Limited Partnerships and complex debt and capital structures
- Experience with capital-intensive mega-projects and subsequent operations
- Required Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
- Ability to effectively coordinate and communicate (verbally and written) with a diversified customer base that includes many different audit areas, processes, systems and locations within the Company
- Demonstrate exemplary attention to detail
- Possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to deal calmly and effectively with high stress situations
- Possess solid computer skills including advanced proficiency in Word, Visio and Excel
- Knowledge and understanding of relational databases and data extraction in complex ERP systems
- Possess SEC related reporting experience