- Sr. Technical Applications Coordinator
- Houston, TX, US
- Posted On: 07/17/2017
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Job Class: Information & Tech
Performs two primary functions: coordination/regulation/supervision of 3rd party SAP solution module providers and data analysis/transformation/governance.
Coordination/regulation/supervision of 3rd party SAP solution module providers involves organizing internal and external, IT and non-IT resources as needed for projects or change requests, ensuring that solutions and vendors are compliant with Freeport LNG IT best practices, procedures and policies (such as change management, disaster recovery/business continuity and cybersecurity) and participating in strategy/policy development for 3rd party SAP solutions.
Data analysis/transformation/governance involves assisting data transport activities, ensuring data cleanliness through strong data governance/change management practices and understanding data within its technical and business contexts.
Essential Functions & Duties/Responsibilities
- Coordination/regulation/supervision of 3rd party SAP solution module providers
- Enforce Freeport LNG IT best practices, procedures and policies, in particular in the areas of change management, disaster recovery/business continuity and cybersecurity
- Develop and maintain policies pertaining to 3rd party SAP applications and vendor interactions
- Manage designated project/change request lifecycle processes and coordinate internal Freeport LNG IT and business resources with vendors/contract resources
- Ensure that solutions are integrated to minimize the company’s application blueprint.
- Coordinate/provide support and facilitate updates when required.
- Working closely with business owners to ensure that the solution meets their needs and any issues are escalated to Freeport LNG IT leadership and vendor account representatives when needed
- Data analysis/transformation/governance
- Perform data analysis, transformations and loads in support of projects and change requests (not necessarily SAP based)
- Work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to identify sources of data, understand business context of data requirements and identify gaps
- Coordinate/perform data verification/validation analysis
- Data cleansing/normalization of data sets
- Follow best practices/change management procedures/governance before bulk loading data into production systems. Ensure that vendors and service providers do likewise
- Work with vendors and 3rd party contractors when required to accomplish tasks.
- Manage timelines and deliverables to ensure that projects are completed to the expectations of the business owners.
Minimum Qualifications/Work Experience Required:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
10 yrs of experience in IT applications implementation, administration, data management and/or support
- Strong background in typical IT governance, best practices, procedures, policies and norms
- Adopt and comply with Freeport LNG IT best practices, procedures, policies. Ensure that 3rd parties also adopt and comply.
- Strong data analysis skills: SQL, ETL, and related business process/data flows
- Strong understanding of links between data and business/enterprise needs in context, in particular in areas of maintenance, operations and procurement
- Project management experience
- Application lifecycle experience: requirements gathering, implementation, testing, business acceptance
- Time management skills
- Self-motivated and prepared to use initiative
- Business modeling skills and business acumen
- Knowledge of distributed control systems and instrumentation a plus